Monday, July 03, 2006

Grandpa Tumblebug: Fun-Loving Fiddler

My grandfather, Wayne Kerns, died during his sleep sometime Saturday night, a few weeks shy of his 80th birthday. Grandpa Tumblebug (my nickname for him) loved to laugh and make others laugh. When I think of him, I will always picture him like this:






Grandpa Tumblebug also loved to strum, sing and fiddle.





That's why our children -- his great-grandchildren -- are learning to appreciate music. "You have to learn to play the violin before you learn to fiddle with it," Grandpa Tumblebug told our son, Anthony. He's already learning "Orange Blossom Special," Grandpa's favorite and mine.

Our daughter, Elli, isn't far behind. She can play "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" now. And as soon as 20-month-old Catie (not pictured) gets out of diapers, she won't be far behind.


3 Comments:

At 7/04/2006 12:01 PM, Blogger saxaphonegirl said...

that was a great man
(my dad showed me this this is stephanie green)

 
At 7/08/2006 2:52 PM, Blogger Libby said...

Hi Danny, I love your grandfather's name. Why did you begin to call him that? His name fits his sweet face! Our love to you and yours!

 
At 7/08/2006 2:59 PM, Blogger Libby said...

Ok I feel dumb... I should have gone to the second link before I asked about the name.... and P>S> "Mugwump"
suits you! Love to Mrs. Mugwump...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home